St Andrews BallotBuddy Service
Single Golfers: How to find an Old Course Ballot Partner
Did you know …
As a single golfer you cannot apply for an Old Course ballot tee time?
There must be at least 2 golfers on the application.
But now …
My unique, free and simple-to-use BallotBuddy service helps you find an Old Course ballot partner.
Score a date match so you and your fellow golfer are eligible to submit an Old Course ballot application together.
Can BallotBuddy help you?
YES if you are a single golfer without an advanced tee time
Currently your only option is to ‘walk-up’ on the day. Get up early and join the line outside the Old Pavilion.
Chances of play that day are reliant entirely on gaps on the draw sheet and your place in the line.
So why not try BallotBuddy?
How does it work?
- Decide when you are coming to St Andrews to play the Old Course via a ballot time.
- Register for my free BallotBuddy service.
- Submit up to 5 dates.
Spread the News
- Post the news of your BallotBuddy registration on your social media accounts.
- Share widely with your friends & contacts.
- Ask them to share your news too!
- Your dates will be added to a database of other BallotBuddy golfers looking to team up.
- If you get a date match with a 2nd golfer (or more, up to 4), I will connect you to your BallotBuddy via email introduction.
The more people know that you are looking for an Old Course ballot partner the better chance you have of finding a BallotBuddy
As a 2 ball you are now eligible to apply for an Old Course ballot time.
It is down to you and your BallotBuddy from this point forward.
More than 2 golfers with a date match? You should apply together for a ballot time (up to a maximum of 4 golfers).
You can still use the ‘walk-up’ option and wait in line to play.
Read more about your chances of play in my in-depth report on the Single Golfer at St Andrews.
Sign me up!
Golf is a game known for the honesty and integrity of its players.
Likewise, the success of this service relies 100% on your goodwill and honest intentions. I’m sure you would no more want to let down your BallotBuddy than be let down by them.
So please only submit dates if you are committed to playing.
Your Ballot Checklist:
- To enter the ballot there must be at least two players and all names, Home Clubs and handicaps will be required.
- If successful, a current official handicap card (Golf Club affiliated to a Golf Union/Association), record or certificate must be presented to the starter prior to play. Maximum handicaps – 24 Men, 36 Ladies. Letters of introduction from your local Club Professional are not accepted.
- Duplicate ballot entries will be disqualified. Only the named golfers on the ballot entry are permitted to play.
Current BallotBuddy date match requests for 2019:
|Tue, 26 Mar||Wed, 3 Apr||Fri, 3 May||Thu, 27 Jun||Mon, 8 Jul||Thu, 1 Aug|
|Wed, 27 Mar||Thu, 4 Apr||Sat, 4 May||Wed, 31 Jul||Mon, 12 Aug|
|Fri, 5 Apr||Thu, 9 May||Tue, 13 Aug|
|Sat, 6 Apr||Fri, 10 May|
|Mon, 8 Apr||Tue, 14 May|
|Mon, 15 Apr||Wed, 15 May|
|Tue, 16 Apr||Thu, 16 May|
|Thu, 18 Apr|
|Fri, 19 Apr|
|Sat, 20 Apr|
|Mon, 22 Apr|
|Tue, 23 Apr|
|Last updated:||Sat, 23 Mar|
Back to BallotBuddy Registration